IT'S MADNESS TO THINK THAT THIS IS YOUR ENTIRE ROLE SUMMED UP AND THAT'S BECAUSE IT AIN'T, BUT WE THOUGHT WE WOULD GET YOU STARTED...
- Translate source English subtitles into target language or proofread and correct machine translated subtitles created by our in-house automation.
- Update Glossary and Non-translatable term sheets in GDrive sheet.
- Proofread and correct language and time cues of subtitle files from freelancers, vendors or distributors.
- Provide subtitle editing training to freelancers and new editors (as designated by Supervisor).
- Create standard test files for freelancers and candidates in support of Supervisor.
- Provide constructive feedback to freelancers and vendors regarding subtitle QC jobs in evaluation via Supervisor.
- Create subtitles for trailers from trailer master subtitle file or an audio transcription (when source language is local content).
- Ensure that all subtitles are properly translated (this includes online research) and adheres to established style guidelines.
- Acting team leader or back up for supervisor when designated to do so.
- Assist in the ad-hoc translation and edition of metadata and/or marketing materials (synopses upon request from Supervisor).
- Re-conform subtitle files to the master a/v file whenever the master has been altered from its original length (censorship or version replacement) or when working with subtitle files sourced from distributors.
- Convert and check source subtitle files that are not in the native .srt format.
- Screen & fix Subtitles file naming format before being submitted for transcoding at origin when instructed by coordinator.
TICKING OFF MOST OF THE BELOW CHECK BOXES? GOOD - COME CHAT WITH US!
- Total Relevant Experience: 1 to 2 year’s experience in language/linguistic work.
- Excellent command in English and relevant language(s).
- Graduate in Foreign language or any experience in languages.
If you loved what you read, you will probably love us and in turn, we will probably love you. So why not apply right away?
About the Company
Imagine being able to access a crazy huge selection of your favorite shows, thousands of hours of TV and movies from all over the globe. Shows from hollywood and Hong Kong, Seoul and Shanghai, Thailand and Tokyo... and imagine being able to watch it wherever you want, whenever you want, 24/7 on your phone, laptop, tablet, TV... whatever... all for less than the price of a pirated DVD.
We want people who are passionate about movies and TV shows - who have spent weekends binge-watching; who fiddle with systems to get the best audio and video quality; who remember favorite movie quotes and can vigorously debate the virtues of TV characters. Mostly, we want people who are truly passionate about joining our revolutionary cause to redefine how people in emerging markets consume entertainment. We want crazies who see a future that does not exist, and are maniacally-driven to build it.
You can recognize an iflix person a mile away. We're a little different: We color outside the lines, we march to the beat of our own drum. We move freely, and a little faster than the crowd.
We don't hire skilled people and motivate them. We hire already motivated people and inspire them.
*To check out iflix for yourself, you can download the iflix app on the App Store or Google Play and sign up on iflix.com. If you'd like to find out a little more about who we are as a company, download the Tao of iflix on the App Store!