The Deputy Head is responsible for Business Development department under the Business Development function. Develops, communicates and implements the strategic direction of the business development of the organisation. Drives new sales business for the Company playing key role in the Company’s bottom line. Responsible for overall management of all strategic Business Development activities according to the pre-determined timelines and budgets. Oversees and supervises the sales & marketing team and establishing sales, marketing & leasing functions of the Company. Helps accomplishes business development activities by researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans; implements sales plans and works closely with other functions to realize the company’s goals.
He/She shall oversee and supervise the following department, which is under the business development function of the Company:
i. Business Development Department;
ii. Sales Marketing Department
iii. Research & Investments and Asset Management & Leasing divisions.
Head, Business Development is accountable for the following:
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas.
- Take ownership of the management of the business development, research and investment, asset management and leasing functions of the business.
- Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Company`s ambitious growth.
- Working to stringent targets, by adopting a professional and knowledgeable approach to each new business call and opportunities.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of business plans and penetration of new markets.
- Develop business strategies, as well as pursuing and evaluating business opportunities locally and internationally. This will entail pursuing potential investments (including development and Build-To-Suit projects), asset and company acquisitions in Cambodia and overseas. He will also structure and negotiate the closure of these investment deals.
- Conduct feasibility surveys, financial modelling, draft investment papers, identifying development options and best used of land, city analysis, etc.
- Valuate real estate properties for the purpose of buy, sale, fund raising, investors, joint ventures, acquisitions, etc.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in the real estate segment in Cambodia and international grounds.
- Provide quarterly updates based on a systematic study of the environment including real estate trends in Cambodia and overseas for each type of asset class namely, commercial, residential, retail, hotels and mix developments.
- Provide quarterly reports should also include research analysis to identify buying/absorption/selling trends of given demographic, the success and failure of competitors/comparables, pricing comparison, the effectiveness of promotional methods and other relevant information that provides a better understanding of the real estate business in Cambodia and overseas.
Sales and Marketing
- Oversees SMK team to ensure they accomplish marketing and sales objectives by contributing market and sales data and recommendations to strategically plan and review the current market strategy;
- Oversees the preparation and completion of action plans, ensuring such plans promote productivity, quality and customer oriented objectives;
- Manages the sales & marketing team and provide guidance as a mentor for sales & marketing function;
- Resolves problems and conflicts for customers, acting as a good bridge between Company and customers;
- Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements and prepares an annual budget and projection for anticipated sales and marketing objectives;
- Identifies trends and put in place scheduling of expenditures, analyzes variances and initiating corrective actions;
- Determines annual and gross profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for various regions, projects expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products;
- Establishes and recommends appropriate pricing strategies and selling prices, monitoring costs, competition, demand and supply;
- Identifies and ensures accomplishment of sales and marketing objectives by planning, developing, implementing and evaluating advertising, merchandising and trade promotion programs and developing field sales action plans;
- Identifies marketing opportunities by understanding customer requirements, defining marketing, competitor’s share and SWOT analysis;
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying and capitalizing on market opportunities;
- Key account management by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs and anticipating new opportunities;
- Collaborates with Corporate Communications & Business Development on overall strategized marketing plan;
Asset Management & Leasing
- Formulates asset management and leasing plans on value improvement and yield enhancement;
- Advise on asset positioning to improve occupancy, marketability and performance of assets;
- Manage budget and financial performance of investment properties;
- Undertake market research on competitors and analysis of market trend;
- Identify potential tenants from both local and international brands;
- Manage relationship with existing and potential tenants;
- Negotiate with potential tenants, execute lease contracts and perform lease management;
- Acts as liaison between the company and appointed agents;
- Any other tasks as assigned by MD.