The sales and marketing manager is responsible for planning and implementing sales and marketing of the hotel’s restaurants, events and spa, both short and long range, targeted towards in-house guests and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. The sales and marketing manager should carry out his/her plans on up-to date marketing platforms, including website, social media (facebook, google plus, Instagram) and print media.
- Develop and implement monthly, strategic marketing plans for the hotel’s restaurants, events and spa
- Monitor and adjust effectiveness of marketing plans
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Prepare marketing reports and present them to general and executive management
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Ensure effective control of marketing results and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, online, social media (facebook, google plus, Instagram, youtube), and direct mail.
- Coordinate the timely creation of marketing materials with the graphic designer – posters/banners/stickers and any other relevant promotional material
- Establish and maintain relationships with bloggers, journalists and media and any other key strategic partners
- Manage and update of restaurant’s content on the website
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Develop and implement monthly, strategic sales plans for the hotel’s restaurants, events and spa
- Direct sales forecasting of the restaurant and spa and sets performance goals accordingly
- Analyze and control expenditure of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Review and analyze sales performance of the restaurants and spa to determine effectiveness.
- Meet with key clients, maintain relationships and negotiate and close deals.
- Establish and maintains consistent corporate image which corresponds to the hotel’s brand guidelines
- Cooperate with other departments in the restaurant to create an exceptional customer experience and ensure that a very high level of customer service is constantly maintained.
- Build strong relationships with customers in order to gain full understanding of their needs and work to serve them effectively.