Here is a quick overview on how to create your online profile on Everjobs. I would strongly advise you read our Ultimate Guide to Writing a Perfect CV first. It may be worth spending some time to make sure you use the right words to make a good first impression on the recruiters. However, if you are in a hurry or already have a great CV, please read on.
By creating your CV online, you can get the opportunity to be contacted by hiring companies and apply directly to the Everjobs offers. And it is super easy and fast! If you already have a CV prepared, you will just need to follow our directions – we will explain everything to you step by step.
Get to your online CV
It is easy!
Go to your dashboard
Click on the “EDIT MY CV” button
How to choose a profile picture
Your picture is the first impression you will give to the potential recruiters. So here are a few tips to take a great picture:
- look straight at the camera.
- keep it simple with a plain background.
- smile but look reliable and hard working. When you take the picture, think that you are in front of a recruiter and you want them to hire you.
- use a recent picture that looks like you.
- choose a good quality picture, with enough light.
should be a portrait (like an ID picture)
Other basic information
This part is connected to your account settings. Make sure you have the email address you use on a regular basis, as well as your updated phone number, so that Everjobs.com.kh and prospective employers can easily reach you.
Click on the link “Account settings” to edit it.
This section is the most important part of your CV. You will have to explain, in a very concise and clear way who you are and what you are good at. I would advise you think of three main keywords that represent who you are and try to make a sentence to present yourself.
What job do you want?
- Employment status: Companies have the option to look at CVs on our site. So even if you are not actively applying for jobs, you should make this status accurate.
- Job location: You need to choose where you most want to be. If you do not have any preference, choose Phnom Penh where there are by far the most job listings.
- Area of interest: You can choose from 0 to all areas. More choices will give you more options: Since companies can find you by browsing CVs, if you want more exposure, then choose more interests.
- Type of employment: Click to choose between No preference / Full time / Part time / internship / Contract / Other / I’m currently not looking for a job
- Desired salary: You can leave this field unspecified or choose between the different propositions. Unless you have very precise expectations, I would advise to leave this field blank, so that you would not miss any job opportunity.
- Career objectives: How do you see yourself in 3-5 years? If you are applying to entry-level positions then you can say that you would want to become a Manager of your unit. Try to be realistic and show that you are highly motivated. It will make you appear as someone who will work hard to reach the high goals you set yourself.
Companies who look at your CV will not necessarily know anything about the company you used to work for. Also, you may want to describe the job you did in more details. You can always add the URL to the company’s website, or other useful links, like projects you worked on.
- job title
- start date end date – tick the box if you are still working there
- job role
- type of employment
- career level
What should you write in the description?
You can say a few words about the company (what do they do? is it a big company?)
Then you can use bullet points to explain in a very brief and clear way what your missions and your accomplishments were.
- degree level
- from… to…
In the remarks field, you can add awards/accomplishments affiliated with that particular educational experience.
You should explain what your native language is, and also list your proficiency level in English and the other languages you speak:
Are you a native speaker? If not, That leaves 3 options:
- Can you speak a few words in the language, and just get through the most basic conversation? “Basic Knowledge”
- Can you hold a long conversation in the language but cannot understand everything and make some mistakes? “Conversant”
- Can you communicate (speak and write) in the language professionally? “Fluent (Contractual Level)”
What are your skills? Try to think of all the things you are able to do well.
- Edit English writing
- Html and CSS
You can only add five Top Skills, so focus on the most important ones. It may also depend on the job requirements of a specific ad, so do not hesitate to change the content of this section whenever needed.
Interests & Activities
This section is the opportunity for you to tell recruiters a bit more about who you are and what you like. Display your personality and show that you are interested in many things. In the accomplishment box, you can tell companies if you received special prizes or if you had outstanding performances in a field.
- interests and activities
I would advise you attach:
- Recommendation letters
- Proofs of certifications
- Your CV in PDF if you have one